We are recruiting a Perfusionist to join a team of 2 Full Time and 1 Part Time.
Including TAVR, CABG, Valves, Aortic surgery, etc. Responsibilities include all cardiac surgery perfusion duties such as cell saver, IABP, ISTAT, HMS, and very occasional VAD placement.
The perfusionist’s principle role is to assemble and operate a collection of life support services, collectively known as the heart lung machine, which supports the patients life during open heart surgery. Perfusionists also operate a variety of other life support and assist devices that deal with circulation
1. Prepares various physiologic monitoring instrumentation and circulatory machinery for surgical cases. 2. Checks and maintains equipment prior to surgery to ensure proper functioning.
3. Maintains and operates heart lung machine. 4. Assembles and assists with intra aortic balloon counterpulsation.
5. Assists director with interviewing and recruitment of new staff.
6. Utilizes high-speed centrifuge devices to collect, separate, and return blood components to a patient.
· Must live within 30 minute response time of call
1. Bachelors of Science Degree in circulation technology or related degree and certification eligible.
2. Completion of an accredited perfusion program
3. One year of perfusion experience required.
Comprehensive benefits package: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, 403B with employer matching, employer-sponsored pension, Paid Time Off, free employee health services, credit union, fitness center, child care and sick child care, one-mile walking/running trail etc.)
Great healthcare system located about 1 hour east of Columbus, OH and 2 hours west of Pittsburgh and Wheeling. ! Rural city with rolling hills located in eastern central OH.
If you love to golf, this is the city for you! There are also 2 state parks in the area with hiking, boating, swimming opportunities, etc. Antiques and pottery are big business in this area as are Longaberger baskets. Sports leagues include: sand volleyball, softball, etc. There are several choices of fitness centers (average cost to join for one person is $250/year). A choice 1 bedroom apartment will cost ~ $475 -650/ month.