Please email email@example.com a copy of your resume or call 1-585-387-0323. Be sure to reference the Job Number "9200" when inquiring about this job.
Charge Nurse - RN
||Syracuse, New York
Charge Nurse - RN
Skilled Nurse Facility
Full time direct hire
62-66K - Evening/Nights - Weekend Requirement
- The Charge Nurse, RN, is responsible for performing a variety of duties to provide quality nursing care and to coordinate total nursing care for residents.
- Under the guidance and direction of the Nurse Manager, participates in planning, organizing and reviewing operations, implements procedures and programs; determines work procedures and expedites work flow; ensures compliance with all operating policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Communicates with and supervises appropriate personnel; provides daily and other reports, and performs direct care duties using accepted nursing best practice standards when required.
- Performs and assists with various nursing procedures according to the procedure manual.
- Assists physicians with treatments or examinations when needed.
- Observes treatment and/or services performed by team members or other staff members.
- Actively participates in development of realistic, measureable, time bound goals for the resident and staff.
- Assists residents with ADLs and special care needs as indicated by Nurse Manager, Clinical Coordinator, Interdisciplinary team, etc.
- Ensures appropriate inventory level of nursing supplies to meet needs of residents.
- Ensures rotation of stock as required.
- Monitors and documents resident response to medications.
- Initiates appropriate actions based on observations.
- Obtains, transcribes and ensures Physician's orders are implemented accurately.
- Performs rounds to assess/evaluate resident care.
- Reports changes and document appropriately.
- Promotes an environment for the residents that acknowledges resident's rights, individuality and encourages maximum level of independence.
- Provides instruction and guidance to family, residents, and caregivers on medications and plan of treatment.
- Provides and assists with provision of direct care needs for residents according to care plan/physician orders/resident needs.
- Functions as a medication nurse if needed.
- Observes proper procedures regarding the passing of mediation, checking documentation for accuracy.
- Maintains accountability and follows procedures for narcotics and restricted drugs.
- Responds to emergencies; assesses resident condition, and makes responsible decisions about the type of medical attention required.
- Notifies family if patient is admitted to a hospital or transferred.
- Notifies physicians of significant changes in patient condition before notifying family.
- Collaborates with family with regard to hospitalization.
- Ensures care plans are updated accurately, completely and timely as required by changes in status, physician orders, regulations, etc. Communicates updates effectively to interdisciplinary team.
- Ensures MARs are complete, accurate and timely.
- Collects and documents data relevant to resident's current health status, medical history, and discharge plan needs.
- Documents resident care information in accordance with Health Information procedures, adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Performs resident care according to policy/procedures/standards and adheres to all third party agency regulations.
- Complies with annual orientation/re-orientation, health assessment, competencies, etc. as per policy/procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Actively participates in orientation for new employees as requested.
- Assists with in-services and education of staff.
- Complies with corporate and regulatory in-service requirements.
- Establishes staff priorities for nursing actions according to resident needs.
- Provides direction to staff to meet resident care needs.
- Ensures medication carts are stocked and maintained prior to and upon completion of medication pass.
- Utilizes company equipment as intended to achieve maximum useful life. Notifies maintenance of issues in a timely manner.
- Ensures nursing care actions are completed by staff accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
- Effectively supports Quality Assurance Performance Improvement activities though data gathering, auditing, analysis when requested to do so.
- Monitors resident/family/care giver compliance to care instructions.
- Initiates corrective action or further instruction as required.
- Actively participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- 3+ years' experience in nursing preferably in an acute/long term care setting.
- 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN or BS in related field preferred
- Current NYS license and registration as an RN in good standing required.
- Proven patient assessment and care planning skills.
- Current knowledge of best practice nursing standards and care.
- Ability and knowledge to respond in emergency situations.
- Ability to analyze problems, plan resolution strategies, implement solutions and evaluate outcomes
- Ability to lead, guide and motivate staff.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with clients, residents, and families from diverse backgrounds who may have physical, sensory and mental impairments.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a busy environment.
- Proficient in MS Office programs and able to learn new software rapidly.
To apply for this job please email firstname.lastname@example.org or
call 1-585-387-0323. Please reference the Job Number "9200" when inquiring about this job.