Nurse Screener RN
Full Time w/ benefits
The Nurse Screener RN is responsible for post discharge screening to determine appropriate placement within the system and coordination of services for ongoing case management, utilizing input from hospital records, patients and family members, physicians, nursing staff, therapists, payor organizations and any other appropriately licensed source of information.
The Nurse Screener RN uses effective nursing assessment skills to complete necessary admission documentation for all admissions and readmissions.
- Actively markets organization services through representations to discharge planners and social workers at hospitals and outreach programs.
- Assesses and evaluates applicants needs by reviewing hospital records, conferring with discharge planners, physician/physician assistants/therapists/patient and family members.
- Uses computer referral program to identify and assess potential referrals.
- Attends discharge planning meetings and rounds as needed to advocate for residents/patients and coordinate care upon admission/return to organization sites.
- Case manages and coordinates services for all hospitalized, nursing home or rehabilitation residents/patients.