Hours: Regular Full-Time
City: North Syracuse
Provide medically prescribed occupational therapy treatment concerned with improving or restoring functions that have been impaired, reduced, or permanently lost by illness or injury. To provide necessary consultation and teaching to participants/family/caregivers and the interdisciplinary team.
- Adhere to all corporate policy and procedures and any pertinent agency regulations , including HIPPA and confidentiality.
- Effectively support corporate goals and initiatives through personal goal setting and monitoring progress.
- Recommend improvements to program operations to further develop quality occupational therapy services for the program
- Complete all participant documentation in accordance with program policy, including routine progress notes, participant/family teaching sheets and communications to physicians or nursing.
- Complete all participant/resident documentation in accordance with evaluation/discharge summaries and letters of justification for equipment.
- Participate in the orientation of new staff to the operation of the Occupational Therapy Department.
- Promotes professional growth, the profession of occupational therapy and the program, when possible, by participation in professional associations, educational conferences, volunteer activities, etc.
- Particiapte in student programs established with occupational therapy schools in the effort to promote qualified individuals into the profession.
- Instruct paraprofessional staff in body mechanics, use of adaptive equipment, bed mobility, transfers, gait patterns, ADLs, home exercise program , etc.
- Supervise duties related to Occupational Therapy and document accordingly.
- Utilize and maintain company equipment to obtain maximum useful life.
- Provides guidance in the selection and use of adaptive devices, DME equipment, and supplies; may design, fabricate and fit adaptive equipment as needed.
- Actively participate in quality assurance activities; Collect data as required.
- Analyze and initiate actions as appropriate as requested by management.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the participant's/resident's rehabilitation progress to assess the effectiveness and appropriateness of treatment.
- Interact in a professional manner with the participant/resident, family and/or support personnel and incorporate the teaching of OT skills and techniques necessary to promote participant independence.
- Participate in home assessments, as indicated, to enhance the multidisciplinary goals toward participant/resident's independence and a safe home environment
- Maintain consistent written and verbal communication regarding a resident/participant's care to other program providers.
- Recommend durable medical equipment, transportation, community service referrals for participant/resident and rehabilitative support for families.
- Review and interpret all referrals from physicians and discuss any questions or concerns to initiating care.
- Evaluate participant's/resident's level of function through a complete occupational therapy evaluation and develop a restorative or maintenance plan by applying diagnostic and prognostic procedures.
- Develop and implement a rehabilitation program to promote, restore or maintain participant's/resident's optimum level of function in conformance with physician's orders and care plan goals.
- Participate in the development and revision of the participant's/resident's Plan of Care as necessary as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Monitor participant/resident response to OT interventions and - modify treatment, as indicated. Provide functional enhancement through selection of task oriented therapeutic activities,training
- in activities of daily living,instrumental activities of daily living,functional mobility,teaching of compensatory techniques,&home assessment/modifications.
- Provide instruction and consultation to participants/residents, families and other members of the interdisciplinary team and program providers.
- Participate in family nursing home careplanning and meetings as appropriate.
- Attend participant/resident review meetings.
- Exercise judgment based on acquired knowledge of program policy and procedures when
- performing Occupational Therapist functions.