Physical Therapist Seneca County
Full time - Direct hire with full benefits
Monday - Friday Days
Provides physician ordered physical therapy services, which include assessment, planning, developing, and implementing an individualized patient therapy plan.
This position coordinates the physical therapy plan with the interdisciplinary team care plan.
- Provides physician ordered physical therapy services.
- Assures orders are renewed, per schedule, or as patient's response to current orders change.
- Is responsible for completing, in a timely manner, all documentation including initial assessment, visit notes, renewal orders, verbal orders, and discharge summaries.
- Identifies patient short/long term goals in terms of functional outcomes. Reflects progress or lack of goal achievement in all charting.
- Confers with physician and/or interdisciplinary team regarding patient response to therapy.
- Evaluates home environment for changes needed to increase patient's independence.
- Recommends equipment and assistive devices (ramps, bathroom aides, adaptive wheelchair), as appropriate.
- Instructs the patient and caregivers in therapeutic exercise, which may be used to improve the patient's functional status.
- Provides gait evaluation and ambulating training.
- Select and instruct in the use of various assistive devices (orthotic appliance, crutches, walker, cane, etc.).
- Treats patient's physical deficits using clinically accepted therapeutic exercises.
- Specifies technique used in the plan of care.
- Evaluates and instructs patient and caregivers in safe transfers (bed, chair, commode, etc.) using appropriate body mechanics and equipment (sliding board, hoyer lift, trapeze, bath bench, etc.).
- Attends scheduled interdisciplinary staff meetings and actively participate in treatment planning.
- Participates in committees and program development, as indicated.