Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Full time - Evenings
Hospital setting located in the beautiful finger lakes region.
Under the supervision of the Laboratory Director/Supervisor, performs a variety of complicated technical assignments with minimal supervision. Tasks and objectives assigned are broadly outlined, frequently requiring unique or special abilities and/or training. Plans own approaches and progressive stages of work to accomplish desired results. With required education and experience, supervises the activities of other Technical staff and laboratory processes.
- Ability to interpret results and clinical significance of test findings.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion and ability to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and enhance the spirit of teamwork through effective role modeling.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Preferred: Experience with Microsoft Office products and electronic medical record
- Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens is reasonably anticipated. Required tasks involve a potential contact with blood, body fluids, tissues.